Thursday, July 2, 2009

Where i see myself in these discourses

I see myself in between dominate discourse,and secondary discourse, according to Gee, "dominate discourses are secondary discourses the mastery of which....brings with it the acquisition of social goods."
I am not an angel but when it comes to being influenced on how i dress,look,act,sound and things like that i rely on my background from my mom. I know it might sound weird but my mom is only 32 yrs old and she knows how to act in/at certain places. For example when were at a fancy party,or out to eat at a fancy restaurant she taught me how to have manners and how to eat and act at those certain places.
But i am also influenced from my friends to. For instanced when i am with my friends we do wild stuff. like prank call people,play ding dong ditch {DDD}, and etc. But when i am with my friends and they start to get too crazy then i just tell them i will see you all later. Because my mom raised me like that. Which is y i rarely get into trouble with the law while my friends on the other hand get into trouble a lot. But I'm not perfect i get into trouble too. Because i get into the moment and sometimes i don't know when to walk away, so i get into trouble with the rest of my friends.
But in the end i know where i came from and i remember how i was raised and when i'm hanging out with my friends sometimes i remember that, and i try not to get into too much trouble. What also helps me is that i'm a shy person, i really don't talk to people unless they talk to me. Because to me if i don't put myself out their like that then its a lot harder to get in trouble then. so i keep myself to myself bascically nobody knows alot about me then my mom because i'm very secrative. which so far has heleped me because if i was to put myself out their i would probably get into a lot of trouble. Another thing i do is i keep my wall up and keep people in a distance i don't get close with anyone, because if i don't get close with people then i can't and won't get hurt,and i'll stay out of trouble. which is why i don't have a bestfriend, i have some friends but to me they're my associates, which means they are just people i know. but i don't have a lot friends if you ever see me on the streets i'm either with one or two of my friends, or i'm with one of my family memebers.

1 comment:

  1. This is a good start to responding to Gee. However, I need you to discuss his article and connect it the experiences you describe here, Mia.

    ReplyDelete